UPF 50+ Protection
First and foremost, the Del Mar neck gaiter safely protects your skin from damaging UV rays. Our neck gaiter has the highest possible UV protection rating, UPF 50+. This is based on the U.S. testing standard for sun protective fabrics, AATCC Test Method 183. This means it blocks more than 98% of the sun’s ultraviolet light. In effect, wearing our Del Mar UPF neck gaiter is like having constant SPF 50 sunscreen, minus the smell, greasy feeling and frequent reapplications.
Lightweight & Breathable
Our UPF 50+ neck gaiter features a lightweight blend of polyester (87%) and spandex (13%). A major advantage of polyester in this application is weight reduction and breathability. This fabric pulls moisture, like sweat, away from your skin to quickly evaporate. This exchange of moisture and air keeps you comfortable in a range of weather conditions, cooling in the summer and warming in the winter. Additionally, our neck gaiter’s fabric is extremely soft and breathable, as one needs for something worn over the mouth.
One Size Fits All
We carefully chose our Del Mar neck gaiter’s dimensions to maximize protection, performance and fit. Its 16” length makes several wearable styles possible. Any longer would leave too much fabric for your neck, but any shorter and a balaclava style wouldn’t be possible. The 9.5” width is equally intentional, as this determines how well the neck gaiter fits around your head and neck. This width, paired with the fabric’s flexibility and stretch, provides a secure, but unrestrictive fit.
- Versatile tube-shaped design for multiple functions: neck gaiter, face mask, bandana, beanie, balaclava, headband, hood, foulard, do-rag, sahariane, hair tie scarf and more*
- Ultra soft and stretchy
- Moisture-wicking and quick-drying
- Compact and stashable
- Durable finished seams
- Easy care: machine wash, tumble dry
- Dimensions: 16″ long x 9.5″ wide
- Weight: 1.6 oz
Fabric: 87% Polyester, 13% Spandex
* Rayward Apparel’s neck gaiter is not rated for medical use, nor has it been tested for effectiveness at preventing the spread of disease, such as COVID19.